Worship Arts and Young Adults Director
Resumes and expressions of interest should be addressed to Pastor Joel Spiridigliozzi, Lead Pastor.
Contact Joel at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (905) 568-4696.
Full-Time Position: 40 hrs/week Heartland A Church Connected is a multiethnic and multigenerational church that enjoys weekly attendance of 350-400 many of whom are families. Given our demographics and location in the Region of Peel this position offers great opportunity to reach and disciple students and continue to develop a vibrant and growing worship arts ministry.
The Director of Worship Arts and Young Adult Ministries is responsible for cultivating a positive working relationship with the staff and the congregation. He/She is also the Lead Pastor’s representative to the congregation and community. This requires grace under pressure, the ability to manage multiple tasks and the willingness to joyfully embrace the vision and values of the greater church. A positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills are required. This staff position is often involved in sensitive situations and the handling of privileged information which requires discretion. He/She must maintain strict confidentiality, when dealing with these Pastoral, Deacon Board or Congregational related issues. Caring for their own soul and leading a spiritually healthy life for others to follow is extremely important. The Director of Worship Arts and Young Adults Ministry reports to the Lead Pastor and will assist him in the mandate to care for and lead the church family of Heartland, A Church Connected and to reach out to the community.
A. WORSHIP ARTS GENERAL
• To provide an environment where all of the generations can meaningfully worship the Lord.
• To facilitate a climate of edification for both the believer and not yet convinced who gather for worship.
• To declare through the arts the greatness of God and the way of salvation.
B. WORSHIP ARTS SPECIFIC
• Plan weekly, thematic worship gatherings in consultation with the Lead Pastor. Be a participant on the service planning team and develop and communicate weekly orders of worship to staff and others involved.
• Maintain a song database that reflects sound biblical teaching and supports the vision and values of Heartland, A Church Connected as outlined by the Lead Pastor.
• Lead a weekly worship team practice to assist the musicians and vocalists in pursuing excellence, which is ultimately for God’s glory.
• Plan and oversee main auditorium stage set designs. • Schedule and lead musicians, vocalists, and sound/technical/lighting personnel for corporate gatherings through Planning Center.
• Serve as a resource for sub-congregations in the development of a worship ministry. • Provide training for sound, video, and lighting personnel.
• Design and disperse the music budget in partnership with the Lead Pastor.
• Contact and host any musical guests that may be invited to minister to the congregation.
• Identify and involve those in our congregation who love the Lord, have a passion for ministry, are equipped with musical gifts, and integrate them into the worship arts ministry of Heartland, A Church Connected.
• Lead in the planning and carrying out of special music and arts related outreaches that involve drama and music.
• Lead and minister at weddings and funerals when requested.
• To keep the instruments in fine working order.
• Plan towards Heartland’s very own original compositions and recordings.
• To attend conferences, seminars or courses that will add value to the music and worship ministry of Heartland, A Church Connected.
• To attend weekly staff meetings.
C. YOUNG ADULT MINISTRY GENERAL
• To create healthy and safe environments for students aged 18-25 where they can connect to God, each other, and have opportunities to impact our community and world.
• To create environments of growth for both students who are already in Christ and for students who are not yet convinced. D. YOUNG ADULT MINISTRY SPECIFIC
• To create regular small group and large group gatherings throughout our region where students can connect to God and each other.
• To intentionally engage with students who are away attending colleges and universities outside of our region.
• To engage and develop ministry initiatives in local colleges and/or universities.
• To thoughtfully and intentionally organize annual retreat opportunities for students to engage.